Dafera Ltd Recruitment Privacy Statement
Dafera Ltd (‘’the Company’’) Recruitment Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to all personal information collected during the Recruitment application process for a position with the Company. The purpose of this statement is to let you know what to expect when we collect personal information about you throughout the application process.
We fully respect your right to privacy and undertake to only collect data on you as required to deliver the services you require, or with your clear permission & consent.
This Privacy Statement includes the following information:
• The information we collect about you
• The reason we collect this information
• Why we may share this information
• With whom we may share this information
• How long we keep this information
• How we secure your information
• Your rights in relation to your information.
This Privacy Statement applies to people that:
• Submit applications for current vacancies within the Company,
• Submit their Curriculum Vitae in consideration for future vacancies within the Company,
• Undergo an interview as part of the application process for a position within the Company,
• Visit the Company careers website.
The information we collect about you
We collect information about you via this website, email, forms, postal correspondence, phone, and employee referrals. We may collect the following personal information from you:
• Email address
• Home address
• Curriculum Vitae
During the latter stages of the application process, we may collect the following information:
• Aptitude and personality assessments
• Medical test results (where applicable)
• Work permit details (where applicable)
• Background check and references
• Proof of educational and professional qualifications.
The purpose for collecting this information
We collect this information to determine your eligibility for the vacancy you have applied for and/or for future roles arising within the Company. This information allows us to assess your application and respond to you accordingly.
The Company will only use your information for the purposes outlined in this policy except when:
• You have consented to further processing
• We are requested to do so by law or by relevant authorities.
When you submit your application to us for an open vacancy, we will ask for your consent to hold your details for consideration for future opportunities which may arise for a maximum of two years. You will however be able to remove consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
Why we may share this information
We engage 3rd parties to assist us in recruiting the best people into the Company. Your personal data may be shared with 3rd party recruitment providers.
The Company is part of the PHC Franchised Restaurants Public Ltd group of Companies (hereinafter PHC). The management of the Human Resources of the Company performed by PHC so your data will be shared with PHC as well.
We will never share your information with these organisations for marketing purposes.
Retention – how long we keep this information
When you provide us with personal information throughout the application process, we delete this information in line with our data retention policy. We will retain the following personal data you have provided for the following time periods;
• Curriculum Vitae is retained for 24 months from date of application
• Application details (name, address, etc.) are retained for 24 months from date of application
The only purpose we hold your data for is to contact you in case a new employment opportunity appears. In case you are successful, we will retain the information in accordance with your employment contract in line with our internal data retention policy.
As an applicant you may be asked to complete a personality / aptitude assessment. These assessments may use algorithms and other technical means to determine applicant scores.
However, the eligibility of candidates to progress to the next stage of the application process is determined via a manual review of the assessment and is not automated decision making.
How we treat sensitive information
We only collect sensitive information when it is necessary to process your application. When we collect sensitive information, we will notify you of how we will use it and who it may be shared with.
Where applicable, you may be asked to undergo health screening or other assessments. These assessments are performed on our behalf by an authorised third party. The authorised third-party processes and stores your data and does not provide the Company with actual test results.
Security & Confidentiality
Any personal information that you provide to the Company or its subsidiaries will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality and handled in accordance with Data Protection laws and the General Data Protection Regulation.
Security of your personal data is very important to us. We take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or alteration of your personal data.
• We apply various levels of access control to restrict access to your personal information to the Company employees and contractors who require a level of access as part of their role.
• We work with experienced, specialised vendors to develop and maintain our platforms.
• We regularly review and audit our security and data protection policies and procedures to ensure a high-level of operational security is maintained.
Your rights in relation to your information
Your rights as a data subject are as follows:
1. Right of access – you have the right to find out if we hold any personal data relating to you. You also have the right to obtain a copy of any such personal data we hold on you.
2. Right to rectification – you have the right to request we rectify any information we hold about you that is inaccurate.
3. Right to erasure – you have the right to request we erase any information we hold on you, provided there are valid grounds for doing so.
4. Right to restriction of processing – you have the right to request we temporarily restrict the processing of your personal data.
5. Right to object – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, namely in the case processing is carried out in the legitimate interests of the Company.
6. Right to lodge a complaint – if you are unhappy with how we have acted in handling your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority being the Office of the Commissioner for the Protection of Personal Data in Cyprus.
Cookies and Web Browsing
You can use our websites with no loss of functionality if cookies are disabled in your web browser.
We review our Privacy Statements on a regular basis – this Privacy Statement was last updated in May 2018.